The first step to obtaining a beautiful smile is a Complimentary Orthodontic Consultation.
The goal of the initial orthodontic consultation appointment is to:
The next step is obtaining diagnostic records.
If Dr. Yarmolyuk determines that you or your child would benefit from orthodontic treatment, thorough diagnostic records will need to be taken.
The purpose of the diagnostic records is to document your orthodontic problems and to determine the best treatment choice to correct those problems.
The orthodontic diagnostic records consist of,
Digital Photographs - facial and bite pictures are taken from different angles to document all the problems and help keep track of treatment efficiency.
Impressions -Impressions of your teeth are taken to make 3D digital models of your teeth. This helps Dr. Yarmolyuk to visualize your bite from various angles. T
Digital Panaromic X ray -This is special X rays that is used to visualize all of your teeth, your jaws and your joint in one picture. From the X-ray Dr. Yarmolyuk will determine the condition and position of the teeth and roots, locate missing, extra or impacted teeth, evaluate supporting bone and jaw joints, and rule out any pathology.
Digital Cephalometric X ray- a full skull X-ray of your profile. The X-ray shows Dr. Yarmolyuk the position and relationship between your teeth, jaws and skull. This X-ray is also used by Dr. Yarmolyuk to visualize facial harmony and growth pattern.
Cephalometric Measurements – Dr. Yarmolyuk will use your Cephalometric X ray to make multiple measurements with a special orthodontic software in our imaging computer. These measurement of your teeth, jaws, and soft tissues enable him to finalize appropriate orthodontic treatment plan that is fully customized to your specific orthodontic needs, and will yield best functional and esthetic results.
Customized treatment plan
After the records are taken, Dr. Yarmolyuk will analyze them thoroughly and determine the most appropriate treatment course.
Placement of your orthodontic appliances
At the following visit your orthodontic appliances (braces, clear braces, lingual braces, expander, etc.) will be placed. This procedure typically takes 60-90 minutes and marks the beginning of active orthodontic treatment. The adjustment visits typically last 20 minutes
Follow-up orthodontic appointments
Your treatment/adjustment appointments are typically scheduled 4-8 weeks apart. The purpose of the orthodontic adjustment appointments is to,
- check your orthodontic appliances for wear and breakage
- evaluate the progress of treatment and movement of your teeth
- change orthodontic wires and elastics
- make necessary adjustment to continue treatment progress
- check your oral hygiene
Cooperation!!!Successful orthodontic treatment depends on your cooperation with the following:
- Keeping all scheduled appointments (missed appointments prolong treatment time)
- Excellent elastic/removable appliance wear
- Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits
- Taking good care of appliances
- Eliminating foods that break or distort orthodontic appliances
- Reporting broken or lost appliances promptly
- ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT MAY BE DISCONTINUED DUE TO POOR PATIENT COOPERATION
- Your orthodontic appointment time has been reserved specifically for you. We understand that unexpected events sometimes require missing an appointment. We request that you give us a 48-hour notice to cancel or re-schedule your appointment
- If an appointment is missed, it is patient’s/parent’s responsibility to contact our office promptly, to schedule a new appointment
- Appointments are typically scheduled 4-8 weeks apart.
- In order to provide highest quality orthodontic care, lengthier appointments are scheduled during school/work hours
- You will need to visit your general dentist for an exam and elimination of cavities and gum disease prior to starting active orthodontic treatment
- Good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups are essential for successful orthodontic treatment
- We advise you to see your general dentist every 3-4 month during active orthodontic treatment
- If you did not have one prior to your orthodontic treatment, we can help you find one
Please notify us if you change dentists during your orthodontic treatment !
Visit our Skokie orthodontic office for a complementary orthodontic consultation today and get the beautiful smile that you deserve!
tel. (847) 749-4340
Orthodontist Dr. Yaroslav Yarmolyuk provides orthodontic care to the community of Skokie, Lincolnwood, Evanston, Edgebrook, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glenview, Northfield, Morton Grove, Niles, Kenilworth,Sauganash IL